My dear students,
Thank you for the gift of being your teacher for the past two years. It has been quite the adventure and I wouldn't trade it for the world. More than anything, I hope and pray that you will know Jesus for who He is, and that He shows you increasingly that there is no joy apart from Him. I also hope you remember how to write a thesis statement and diagram sentences too, but those come in at a close second :)
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. [1 John 5:21]
Love and prayers,
PS - For extra credit, email me a haiku about how your last day of school went BY 12:00 NOON ON FRIDAY, JUNE 1.
24 May 2012
- Bible 9: Continue preparing for exam; quiet times due tomorrow [15 days]
- English 10: Diagramming ex. 10; prepare for exam
- Computer: Xtranormal videos due tomorrow - work on yours at home here.
- English 9: Grammar exercise 10; read Odyssey 993-999
- English 11: Prepare for exams!
23 May 2012
22 May 2012
- Bible 9: Keep working on verses and preparing for exams; quiet times due this Friday!
- English 10: Exam preparation; chapters 56-69 due tomorrow; sentence diagramming ex. 9-10 due Thursday [bring questions tomorrow] WITH SENTENCES WRITTEN OUT AND LABELED.
- Computer: Xtranormal videos due Friday - be ready to show them!!
- English 9: Grammar pg. 738 ex. 9; read The Odyssey pg. 950-955
- English 11: Prepare for exam!!
21 May 2012
- Bible 9: Prepare for exam
- English 10: Reading for Wednesday; bring grammar book tomorrow; prepare for exam
- Computer: Presentations tomorrow
- English 9: Hunger Games reflection essays and project; prepare for exam
- English 11: Prepare for exam
18 May 2012
- Bible 9: Keep memorizing Isaiah 58 for final exam!
- English 10: Chapters 41-55 due Monday with sticky notes - remember to write on your sticky notes what you're labeling - you can use them on your final exam!!
- Computer: Birthdate presentations are Monday
- English 9: Finish 'The Hunger Games' for Monday!
- English 11: Finish 'The Crucible' for Monday!
17 May 2012
- Bible 9: Quiet times in remaining OT books; Ezra/Nehemiah/Esther/Haggai/Zecharaiah/Malachi packet due tomorrow; Isaiah 58:1-10 quiz tomorrow
- English 10: Chapters 35-40 due tomorrow; Grammar pg. 738 ex. 8
- Computer: Birthdate presentations Monday
- English 9: Grammar pg. 737 ex. 8; read ch. 18-20 for tomorrow
- English 11: Grammar ex. 7